Line Cook Training
The program equips immigrant women with skills and knowledge to work in restaurant kitchens and institutional kitchens.
- Basic training in preparation and assembly of dishes according to restaurant specifications
- Professional certifications
- English language enhancement for the workplace
- Interview and resume skills training
- 12 weeks of occupational skills training
This project is available to immigrant women who are permanent residents, have Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs) 4-6 and require support in obtaining meaningful employment.
Additional Program Information
- Clients are trained to work in restaurants in line with Canadian health and safety expectations
- Computer skills training included
- Individual job search support available for all participants
- Follow-up support after program completion
- Referrals to other CIWA programs help participants access additional support services
- Participants are reimbursed for childcare and transportation costs
- The program offers 4 intakes per year