One-on-One Counselling for Immigrant Women
The program provides immigrant women (including seniors and youth) with the opportunity to become involved in the community and develop a sense of belonging.
- One-on-one individual counselling
- Group counselling sessions
- Educational sessions focus on women’s health, mental health and well-being
- Group wellness and community engagement activities
- In-home support available for needy clients
- Intergenerational activities between seniors and youth
The program is available for immigrant women who are permanent residents, refugees and Canadian citizens with language and cultural barriers.
Additional Program Information
- The program helps clients with isolation, family conflict and life challenges
- Educational sessions focus on women’s health
- Self-esteem workshops are available for clients
- We help clients with language barriers access support
- The program offers transportation support to access community resources
- Referrals to access basic needs and services is provided
Free childcare and first language support is available.