Family Conflict Program
The program provides professional, culturally-sensitive counselling for immigrant women and their families who are experiencing transition challenges, relationship problems, abuse and trauma.
- Culturally- sensitive individual, couples and family counselling
- Emotional support for clients
- Workshops and support groups
- Community resource referrals and advocacy
- Emergency housing support
The program is available for all immigrant women and their families, including those who are Canadian citizens.
Additional Program Information
- The program assists immigrant women, their spouses and families
- We offer culturally-sensitive assistance with family conflict and domestic violence issues
- Clients receive support in their first language if needed
- Referrals to other CIWA programs help clients access additional support services
- Clients and their partners receive support with parenting and self-confidence
- The program is offered in community locations
- Client confidentiality is maintained at all times
If you need help in the evening or weekend please call:
- Distress Centre (403) 266-4357
- Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter (403) 234-7233
- Sheriff King Home (403) 266-0707
- Calgary Police Service Non-Emergency (403) 266-1234
- Calgary Police Emergency Services 911
Free childcare and first language is available.