Modular Employment Training provides low skilled immigrant women training to enter housekeeping, room attendant and kitchen help roles. Training includes health and safety, working with others, workplace expectations, customer service, schedules and phones, kitchen help, WHMIS, and room attendant skills. Clients receive one on one resume and job search assistance. The program accepts new clients every Monday year round. The program is available to immigrant women who are permanent residents with Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 2 and higher.
- Weeks or months of training vary depending on client’s employment plan
- Training modules in areas such as health and safety, working with others, workplace expectations, customer service, schedules and phones, weights and measures, WHMIS, and room attendant skills
- Certificate in Mini Food Safety available
- Resume and job search assistance
- Flexible class schedules, morning and/or afternoon
The program is available to immigrant women who are permanent residents or citizens, have no more than 12 years of schooling, and require support in obtaining meaningful employment.
Additional Program Information
- The program operates on a rolling entry basis. Interested clients may enter right away.
- Students are reimbursed for transportation costs.
- Childcare is available (restrictions may apply)
- First language support is available