Food Service Training
Food Service Training provides low to mid skilled immigrant women with training to enter the quick service industry. Clients receive English language enhancement, essential skill and employment skills training. Training includes food safe handling and certification, customer service and cash register handling. The program is available to immigrant women who are permanent residents with Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 3-4.
- Training in food service vocabulary
- Training in customer service
- Essential skills training
- Alberta Food Safety certification
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification
- Proserve training
- Canadian workplace preparation
This program is available to immigrant women who are permanent residents, have a Canadian Language Benchmark of 3-4 and require support in obtaining meaningful employment.
Additional Program Information
- This project prepares women for employment
- Participants are reimbursed for childcare and transportation costs
- Childcare is available (restrictions may apply)
- First language support is available