Links to Success
The program works with young, professional immigrant and refugee mothers to develop a long-term career plan leading to meaningful employment.
- 6 months full-time program
- Pre-employment skills building training
- Canadian work experience
- Computer skills enhancement
- Job search support
- Canadian workplace preparation
- Canadian pronunciation enhancement
- Business communication enhancement
- One-on-one career planning and mentoring support
The program is available to immigrant mothers who are permanent residents or refugees, 15-35 years old, have Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 or higher and require support in obtaining meaningful employment.
Additional Program Information
- The program offers four intakes a year
- Work experience is offered in collaboration with businesses and non-profit organizations
- Participants are reimbursed for childcare and transportation costs
- Job search support after program completion
- Follow-up support after program completion
- Referrals to other CIWA programs help participants access additional support services
Free childcare and first language support is available.