Bridging the Gap for Foreign Trained Accountants
The program assists professional immigrant women with accounting and/or finance background gain relevant Canadian work experience.
- 14 weeks of job skills training
- 10 weeks of Canadian work experience
- English language enhancement
- Software training – QuickBooks, Simply Accounting, Xero and MS Excel
- Job search support
- Canadian workplace preparation
- Pronunciation support
- One-on-one career planning
- One-on-one mentoring support
The program is available to immigrant women who are permanent residents or refugees and have professional background in accounting and/or finance. Clients who are unemployed or underemployed and have Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or higher are eligible to apply.
Additional Program Information
- Work experience is offered in collaboration with businesses and non-profit organizations
- Participants are reimbursed for childcare and transportation costs
- Future learning grant opportunities are available for all participants
- Participants enhance networking skills
- Individual career planning support
- Office computer skills training
- Follow-up support after program completion
- Referrals to other CIWA programs help participants access additional support services
Childcare is available (restrictions may apply).
First language support is available.