Pre-Employment Skills Program
The program equips immigrant women with the tools, skills and knowledge necessary for a successful job search.
- One-on-one employment counselling
- Employment workshops
- Mock interview sessions
- Resume critique clinics
- Computer training
- Accounting software training
- Networking Breakfast Meeting
The program is available to all immigrant women who are permanent residents, refugees and Canadian citizens with language and cultural barriers.
Additional Program Information
- Networking Breakfast Meetings give participants the opportunity to meet potential employers, practice networking skills and obtain job search advice
- Monthly computer training offered in different modules (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook)
- Accounting software training available (Simply Accounting and QuickBooks)
- The program also offers Skill Development and Networking Support for Young Immigrant Women, which focuses on helping young immigrant women between the ages of 15 and 29 prepare for future employment and economic independence through skill development and networking opportunities
- Through this project, participants can access computer training on topics such as Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), Google Workspace, cybersecurity, cloud based services and storage, video conferencing, electronic surveys and forms, and Adobe Acrobat DC
Childcare is available (restrictions may apply). First language support is available.