The program provides training for immigrant women to enhance their capacity to educate other women in their communities about breast health and early detection practices.
- breast health educational sessions
- Train the Trainer Course
- health care support
- doctor’s appointment assistance
- screening facility tours
- transportation assistance
- resource referrals
- one-on-one counselling
- first language support
The program is available to all immigrant women including those who are Canadian citizens.
Additional Program Information
- we offer educational sessions with first language support
- participants learn about breast cancer detection, clinical exams and mammograms
- group trips to screening facilities for mammogram exams
- we work in collaboration with EFW Radiology, North Calgary Cultural Association, Somali Canadian Society of Calgary, South Sudanese Canadian Association of Calgary and other ethno-cultural communities
- referrals to other CIWA programs help clients access additional support services
- we serve immigrant women of all ages
Free childcare and first language support is available.
For more information please email