The program provides professional, culturally-sensitive counselling for immigrant women and their families who are experiencing transition challenges, relationship problems, abuse and trauma.
- culturally- sensitive individual counselling
- emotional support for clients
- workshops and support groups
- community resource referrals and advocacy
- emergency housing support
The program is available for all immigrant women and their families, including those who are Canadian citizens.
Additional Program Information
- the program assists immigrant women and their partners
- we offer culturally-sensitive assistance with family violence issues
- clients receive support in their first language if needed
- referrals to other CIWA programs help clients access additional support services
- clients and their partners receive support with parenting and self-confidence
- the program is offered in community locations
- client confidentiality is maintained at all times
If you need help in the evening or weekend please call:
- Distress Centre (403) 266-1605
- Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter (403) 234-7233
- Sheriff King Home (403) 266-0707
- Calgary Police Service Non-Emergency (403) 266-1234
- Calgary Police Emergency Services 911
Free childcare and first language is available.
For more information please email: