The program helps immigrant parents cope with parenting challenges in a new country and culture.
- educational workshops for parents of children 0-6 years
- educational workshops for parents of teenagers
- individual parenting skills support
- customized educational sessions and support for fathers
- understanding expectations of Canadian society
- facilitator training sessions for service providers working with immigrant families
The program is available for all immigrant parents and grandparents, including Canadian citizens with language and cultural barriers.
Additional Program Information
- parenting course is offered over a period of 5 weeks (two hour sessions, twice a week)
- grandparents are welcome to join the program
- parents learn how to connect their cultural values with Canadian expectations
- the program is available at various locations in Calgary
- program manuals available in the following languages: Urdu, Arabic, simplified Chinese, Spanish, Dinka, Korean and Vietnamese
- referrals to other CIWA programs help participants access additional support services
Free childcare and first language is available.
For more information please email: