The program helps immigrant women achieve full and equal civic participation in Canada.
- civic educational sessions for immigrant families
- customized civic education for immigrant youth
- overview of Canadian government structure
- Train-the-Trainer Course for volunteers
- volunteer presentations in community locations
- support with voting and exercising civic duties in Canada
The program is available for immigrant women who are permanent residents and refugees with language and cultural barriers.
Additional Program Information
- basic and advanced civic engagement educational sessions based on clients’ needs
- adult and youth leadership programs and training
- volunteer facilitator training aimed at getting Canadian work experience
- Train-the-Trainer Course is offered throughout the year
- volunteers receive honorariums for workshop facilitation
- youth learn public speaking skills through presentations at schools and in the community
- program manuals available in the following languages: English, Spanish, French, Hindi, Farsi, Arabic, Mandarin and Korean
Free childcare and first language support is available.
For more information please email: