The program helps immigrant women achieve full and equal civic participation in Canada.
- civic educational sessions for immigrant families
- customized civic education for immigrant youth
- overview of Canadian government structure
- Train-the-Trainer Course for volunteers
- volunteer presentations in community locations
- support with voting and exercising civic duties in Canada
The program is available for immigrant women who are permanent residents, refugees and Canadian citizens with language and cultural barriers.
Additional Program Information
- basic and advanced civic engagement educational sessions based on clients’ needs
- adult and youth leadership programs and training
- volunteer facilitator training aimed at getting Canadian work experience
- Train-the-Trainer Course is offered 3 times a year (10 hours of paid training)
- volunteers receive honorariums for workshop facilitation
- youth learn public speaking skills through presentations at schools and in the community
- program manuals available in the following languages: Farsi, Arabic, simplified Chinese, French and Spanish
Free childcare and first language support is available.
For more information please email: