The program helps immigrant women gain the skills, information and experience needed to enter the Canadian workplace.
- 14 weeks of job skills training
- 10 weeks of Canadian work experience
- English language enhancement
- computer training
- job search support
- Canadian workplace preparation
- accent reduction
- one-on-one mentoring support
The program is available to immigrant women who are permanent residents or refugees, have Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or higher, previous administration experience and basic computer knowledge.
Additional Program Information
- work experience is offered in collaboration with businesses and non-profit organizations
- participants are reimbursed for childcare and transportation costs
- participants enhance networking skills
- individual career planning support available for all participants
- comprehensive office computer skills training
- follow-up support after program completion
- referrals to other CIWA programs help participants access additional support services
Free childcare and first language support is available.
For more information please email