The program assists low literacy immigrant women obtain a Child Development Assistant Certificate.
- 9 months of full-time occupational language training
- 2 months of full-time work experience
- English language enhancement
- employment skills training
- computer training
- Child Development Assistant Certificate
The program is available to immigrant women with less than 7 years of education and Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 2 or higher. Eligible clients include permanent residents, refugees and Canadian citizens with language and cultural barriers.
Additional Program Information
- Child Development Assistant Certificate is offered in collaboration with Bow Valley College
- work experience is offered in collaboration with businesses and non-profit organizations
- participants are reimbursed for childcare and transportation costs
- one-on-one mentoring support is available for all clients
- job search help upon completion of program
- follow-up support after program completion
- referrals to other CIWA programs help participants access additional support services
Free childcare and first language support is available.
For more information please email