Alternative Childcare for Immigrant Women is a 3-year collaborative project funded by Status of Women Canada. This project aims to enhance the economic prosperity of gainfully employed immigrant women by addressing barriers to advancement opportunities in the workplace.
- Collaboration with CIWA, businesses, service providers and gainfully employed women
- Alternative childcare models developed and piloted
- Gainfully employed immigrant women are provided opportunity to thrive in the workplace
- Employers engaged to provide additional supervision, training and mentorship opportunities for the women
- Sharing of outcomes through the development of a best practices manual
The Project Coordinator is meeting with immigrant mothers gainfully employed in the food industry who would like to advance in their careers and thrive in the workplace.
For more information please email